Clarksville Gas & Water will close all facilities and further limit customer service operations in a second round of efforts to lower the risk of spreading COVID-19.
Gas & Water will close its Madison Street administration and engineering lobby March 20. Customer service centers and the water and wastewater treatment plants were closed to the public March 16 and will remain closed during the state of emergency declared by local, state and federal authorities.
Gas & Water’s goal is to limit employee-to-employee and customer contact while continuing to safely provide essential utility services.
Limited customer service operations will be conducted Tuesdays and Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. for:
• new water and gas service connection and disconnection requests taken by phone at 931-645-7400 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. A Gas & Water customer service representative will call back to gather service request information and schedule a time for the service to be performed.
• Madison Street drive-thru window service only for contractor document drop off and pick up.
Gas & Water will not turn off services on past-due accounts while facilities are closed nor will late fees or penalties be applied to past-due accounts for one month’s billing cycle. However, customers are encouraged to pay their bills in a timely fashion or call 931-645-7400 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Customer bill payment options include:
• online at clarksvillegw.com.
• by phone at 931-645-7400 and follow the voice prompts.
• by regular mail with the customer’s bill.
• deposit payment at drop boxes at 2015 Fort Campbell Blvd. and 2215 Madison St.
The inventory warehouse will be open Mondays through Fridays from 7 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. to receive shipments and Tuesdays through Fridays from 7 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. for contractor supply pickups.
The Gas & Water main phone line at 931-645-7400 and the emergency after-hours number at 931-645-0116 are operational for gas, water and sewer emergency calls. Customers are asked to maintain a 6-foot safe distance barrier from the technician while work is performed at the customer’s home or business.
Operations will continue for:
• meter reading and customer billing.
• service technicians to perform new connections and disconnections and respond to gas, water and sewer emergency calls.
• account receivables and payables.
Information about the coronavirus and other similar diseases may be viewed on the CDC’s website at cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about.