Clarksville Parks and Recreation will hold a Movies in the Park on Sept. 11 as part of Riverfest festivities.
Disney-Pixar’s “Onward” will be the Sept. 11 feature at the Liberty Park athletic field, and activities will begin at 5 p.m., followed by the movie at sunset, which will begin at about 7 p.m.
The Sept. 11 event will include food trucks from Chick-Fil-A on Madison Street, Skyline American Grill and Kona Ice. K-Love 97.1 FM will be on site for pre-show entertainment.
Safety guidelines will include:
• cloth face covers are encouraged and required in communal areas.
• large white squares will be painted on the grass at Liberty Park athletic field to ensure social distancing is maintained. Each square will be painted about 6-feet apart from each other. The squares will serve as seating areas.
• a limited number of squares will be available, and squares will be assigned first-come, first served.
• food will be available for purchase on-site. Guests may bring a picnic.
• guests are encouraged to use hand-sanitizing stations that will be placed throughout the event.
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and social distancing signage will be placed throughout the park.
With the COVID-19 pandemic still as a widespread impact, Clarksville Parks and Recreation adapted the traditional three-day Riverfest celebration into nearly two weeks of in-person and virtual events.
Riverfest 2020 started Sept. 1 and end Sept. 12 and feature several new events such as the Riverfest virtual talent competition, Riverfest virtual 5K, DIY Riverfest and drive-in fireworks.
For more about Riverfest 2020, visit clarksvilleriverfest.com or call 931-645-7476.
Clarksville Parks and Recreation provides a variety of indoor and outdoor programs, facilities, nature activities and entertainment events for people living in Clarksville, Montgomery County and Fort Campbell. The free or reasonably priced, year-round experiences help residents enhance their health, wellness and social engagement.