The Spooky Special is back for another Spooky Clarksville tour.
The Halloween-adorned bus will run the streets of Clarksville to offer free rides Oct. 30-31.
The Spooky Special, or Spooky Bus as some call it, is a Clarksville Transit System Halloween tradition that started 29 years ago to help residents get acquainted with the local public transportation service and to thank consistent passengers.
Clarksville Academy art students, who have annually painted a bus with special Halloween oriented designs for the past 26 years, will convene Oct. 29 at 9 a.m. at 430 Boillin Lane to paint the bus.
Rides on the Spooky Special will be free, and it will run on a variety of routes Friday and on Halloween. All of the trips originate from the Transit Center at 200 Legion St.
All riders will be required to wear facemasks, and social distancing measures will be in place on all buses – including the Spooky Bus – to adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines.
The Spooky Special will be at Clarksville Academy on Oct. 30 from 7-9:40 a.m., weather permitting, and then will continue with service to the following routes:
• 111 Fort Campbell from 10 a.m. until noon.
• 311 Cunningham Loop from noon until 1 p.m.
• 411 Peachers Mill Road from 1-2 p.m.
• 512 Hilldale from 2-4 p.m.
• 611 Madison Street fro 4-5 p.m.
• 813 Hospital/101 Express from 5-7 p.m.
• 711 Governors Square Mall from 7-9 p.m.
On Oct. 31, the routes will be:
• 211 Tiny Town Road from 6:30-8:30 a.m.
• 313 Cunningham Loop from 8:30-9:30 a.m.
• 613 Madison Street from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
• 712 Governors Square Mall from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
• 212 Tiny Town Road from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
• 111 Fort Campbell from 2-4 p.m.
• 311 Cunningham Loop from 4-5 p.m.
• 411 Peachers Mill Road from 5-6 p.m.
• 511 Hilldale from 7-9 p.m.